1. Be sure to choose CBD products that are extracted from Non-GMO, pesticide and heavy metal free Industrial hemp.
2. Look for CBD products that are clearly labeled: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum or Isolate and have the differences clearly explained on the product page.
3. Only purchase from a company that provides third party lab results for their products. THESE SHOULD BE PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED ON THE PRODUCT PAGE OR IN A LAB REPORT TAB. The lab results will confirm purity and potency, as well as THC levels, if any. See UnCanna lab reports here.
4. Beware of companies that make explicit health claims as it’s not allowed by the FDA.
5. Find a company that uses Supercritical CO2 extraction methods, considered the most safe and effective means of extraction.
6. Avoid companies that use unnecessary ingredients such as; artificial fillers, heavy metals, residual solvents or contaminants.
7. Look for quality, not lower prices.
8. Beware of multilevel marketing schemes. Generally, these consist of aggressive sales reps that are not industry experts and have zero oversight on manufacturing operations.
9. Find a company that is completely transparent and has all information readily available on their website.
10. Ask questions! Don’t be afraid to contact companies to inquire about their growing and refining practices, or their products in general. Reputable companies should be happy to help.